..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Friday, April 23, 2010

In the zone...maybe a little too much!

Did you ever get started doing something that you enjoy so much that you just get lost in it and forget just about everything else?

My "therapy" is crafting; in particular making jewelry. I can sit and bead for hours, and think that only a few minutes have passed. That's what I was doing last night! I was sitting here happily beading away, making one piece after another, when suddenly I realized that it was THREE AM!! :-0 It didn't occur to me that it was that late because I was tired; actually I was feeling quite good and enjoying myself immensely, and getting a lot accomplished! :D But when I happened to glance at the clock I realized that no matter how much I was enjoying myself, that I wouldn't be quite as joyful when I had to be bright eyed and bushy tailed about 4 hours later!! It was time for bed, and I had to MAKE myself accept that and put my beading away; so sadly, I put all my unfinished projects aside and took myself to bed. It's funny though, because even though I stopped physically doing what I love to do so much, it all continued in my dreams! :D

The good part though is that just a few minutes ago, I sold one of the projects that I had made just a few short hours before! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment