..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Entering blogland

Well, here I am; my first post on what I hope will be a long and happy encounter into the world of blogging. I'm really kind of walking into this thing without a clue as to what I'm doing, but I'm excited about the experience to be. I did try once before, but was so intimidated by the whole idea that I never was able to make it work, so here I am again.

My intentions for this blog are to have an outlet for my creativity. I've been crafting for years, actually since I was a tiny little girl. The first things that I can remember creating were tiny little persimmon "men" :D and some "furniture" made out of kindling wood that my grandfather brought home for making fires LOL. He got the kindling at a local furniture manufacturing plant so most of it was the turnings that had been rejected for their furniture. It was a virtual mountain of treasures that my brother and I couldn't get enough of. My grandmother gave us a small can of paint, a paintbrush and a bottle of glue, and we proceeded to make everything that our imaginations could come up with. We had our own little furniture shop there for awhile! LOL Actually, we were even able to sell some of it when we put it out by the side of the road and made a little homemade "for sale" sign. Looking back, I'm sure the sales were by adults who found our little venture quite amusing, but we were just sure that we were making the best little tables and such that the world had ever seen! :D

I still craft a lot. I mostly do beading, which I LOVE, but I also do paper crafts, wood crafts, dolls, and just about everything else that strikes my fancy. I'll be putting some of my crafts and jewelry here for all who visit to see. I hope you all enjoy seeing the results from what I call The artist in me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment