..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Here's a yummy recipe if you like Mexican food

My youngest daughter is turning into quite the cook and I LOVE it! I've never been too much of a fan of cooking myself; I've always WANTED to like to cook, but I just can't seem to get there. I pretty much do what has to be done and get it over with LOL! My daughter on the other hand, just loves to find new recipes, and will spend hours in the kitchen just trying new and different things, and variations on the things she already knows. This is a recipe that she has made several times, and it's always a hit. She made it again last night, and I just ate the very last serving for lunch today. It is soooo good! And actually easy enough, I think, that even I, a world class non cook (or maybe not much of a cook) can even do it! :D Wish I had pix to show, but it got gone too fast to get one. LOL



Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas

1 lb chicken cooked, then de-boned and shredded
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese cut into cubes
1 can Rotel chopped tomatoes and diced green chilies
1 pkg. tortillas
2 cans green chilie enchilada sauce
3/4 cup shredded cheese your choice

Heat oven to 400. spray 13x9 pan w/cooking spray
Place cooked chicken in skillet, add cream cheese and Rotel. Reduce heat. Cook and stir until blended, and cream cheese is melted.
Fill tortillas w/cheese mixture. Place in dish and pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
Sprinkle w/cheese and bake 15-20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.

Changes we made- I use more than one pound chicken, to our taste.
I do not fill the tortillas with mixture. I put tortillas in bottom of 13x9, add mixture on top, pour sauce over, then cover all with tortillas and add cheese on top. This makes it look more like a casserole, but doesn't affect the taste.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment