..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Door Hangers


I've been working on a lot of different projects lately, and one that I've enjoyed doing is a door hanger. Jeanie over at All My Art has a challenge going on, so I thought I'd jump in and try one of my own. I love all things Paris, so that's the theme I went with. I cut two of them out of a cereal box and glued them together for extra strength, then gessoed and painted them an antique white color; I stamped french text with a TH tea dye ink. I found an image of the Eiffel Tower and resized and cut it out, a vintage image of a Parisian couple, then made a PARIS tag; I glued all those down, then stamped a Paris postage stamp in a couple places. I then antiqued all around with brown shoe polish. I made a charm with beads and a crown key, then attached it with a fleur de lis brad. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

I'm still trying to learn about how to do things with my blog. One of the things I'm working on, but haven't mastered yet is how to share a link to other blogs, so I can't put a link to Jeanie's blog, but if you go to All My Art, you will find that Jeanie has a lot to share with some really great ideas. Thanks Jeanie for this challenge. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi there Gail.
    Wow this is beautiful. Love the Parisian theme.
    hope I spelled that right.
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is lovely. I visited Paris when I was younger, it is a beautiful city. When you are writing your blog, type in the name of where you want to link too. Highlight it then go to the top of your page and click on link. Hope it is easy for you to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail,
    This is simply BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could explain how to do the link tool...but, luckily Deborah did a great job!!! What a gorgeous creation you have shared.
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete