..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Matchboxes and weddings



The theme for the April swap over at our matchbox swap group on flickr is weddings. One of the members, Jeanie, suggested it to coincide with the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. I have an even better reason to be doing weddings though; my youngest daughter will be getting married in less than a month, and we're all about weddings here at my house right now. :) I'm in the midst of making jewelry and flowers, and all kinds of other wedding related things. Excitement is in the air.

I took some time out of our real wedding preps to make the matchbox though, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. First I painted the matchbox a creamy white color, and then glued lace all over it. I pasted a very pretty creamy white ribbon all around the edges as well as each end of the box. I had already found my image of a vintage wedding couple, so I added a bit of greenery to the top of the box, and then the couple. After that, I embellished with beads, a creamy white ribbon rose, and a set of wedding rings.

The inside is chock full of little wedding related goodies that I hope my partner Jonathan will enjoy, but I won't show that until after he receives the box, so he'll be surprised.

This was a really fun matchbox to work on....now back to the real life wedding. :)

4 comments:

  1. oh its so very pretty Gail....hope your wedding goes well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Wedding Matchbox! I love all the embellishments you adorned it with. You have a lucky swap partner! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little wedding altered matchboxes they turned out really pretty! Your partner will be happy! Hugs,Tee

    ReplyDelete