..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Graduation Day

Today is my middle daughters college graduation day. She's so excited to be getting out of school, and we're so proud of her. She'll be walking with a whole rainbow of cords around her neck to represent all of the honors she earned while working her way to this day! I'm excited for her, but I have to say, a little melancholy too. This day brings her a bit closer to the day that she'll be moving into a new season of her life; getting married and moving away! That comes in October. It's something else that she is very excited about, and another thing that I'm struggling with. It's so hard to realize that so much time has passed and we are facing the years of our children moving on with their lives, and out of our home. As everyone says when these times come, Where did the time go?

Wasn't it just yesterday that we were on our way home from the hospital with this beautiful little blonde bundle of love that just filled our hearts to overflowing? And wasn't it just hours ago that we were watching her take her first steps, and gurgle out those sweet first words? Hasn't it just been a few minutes since she was running down the field to score another soccer goal, and begging us to please let her drive this time so she would be ready to get her drivers license soon? We blinked, and the time was gone, and as much as I know that this is all a part of life, and we must accept it, the lump still sticks in my throat, and the tears threaten to spill over and flood down my face everytime I think of my babies being grown. And even though my heart sometimes feels as if it's being torn from my chest, it still swells with pride at the beautiful, smart young lady that my baby girl has turned out to be.

Megan, you have many worlds to conquer, many dragons to slay, and so much to give; and your dad and I couldn't be more proud of you and more full of love for you than we are. I know that the world is a much better place with you in it, and there are much bigger and better things to come. You are a blessing from God and I'm forever grateful that He allowed me to be the mother of such a wonderful, beautiful, intelligent and loving daughter. Happy graduation day; walk forward proudly, you've earned it!

I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment