..

..

The Artist in Me

The Artist in Me

.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Matchbox swap




I'm involved in a matchbox swap in a Flicker altered matchbox group. The theme for this month is Glitz and Glamour. We are to use glitzy gold, and a glamourous image. This is my entry. I used a gold embossed scrapbook paper to cover the matchbox, some ribbon and gold rickrack, an image off the net, a shoe button, and a crown. The crown is made from a Christmas ornament cap, a little trick I learned from my friend Jen on her Jenxo blog. Thanks Jen, I just LOVE these little things, and what I USED to throw away, I am now finding mucho uses for! :) I also used a couple of the ornie caps on the back of the matchbox and placed a flat back golden jewel in the center. I'll wait until my partner receives it before I show what goodies are stuffed inside. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

3 comments:

  1. Gail your matchbox is gorgeous... i love that you are looking at stuff in a new light i would never have guessed it wasnt a real crown, loverly work....
    i love those birds nests, i havent seen them as rings or earrings before , they are gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful matchbox Gail! Your handmade crown is fab! ...amazing what you can create out of a ornie cap!! Love all the embellies you have used, especially the shoe!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    email,me when you get your post up about the paying it forwards and i will count you as # 3

    Hugs Wendy at http://blissangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete